WHAT DOES THE PTO DO?
A very common and GOOD question. We are a volunteer-led organization that is in charge of:
- planning fun and free family events for all Gator Families
- fundraisers to help raise much needed funds for our
- bringing together both parents and teachers for the good of our community.
The PTO's financial support gives our students opportunities to experience people, places, and things that they otherwise wouldn't participate in if the school relied solely on district and state funding.
WHAT ARE SOME THINGS THE PTO BUYS FOR GLEN LOCH?
Typically each school year your Glen Loch PTO purchases the following items. This is not a complete list as what we are able to purchase depends on how much fundraising we are able to do each year.
- Playground Equipment and Maintenance, including all recess equipment.
- Technology - We recently purchased a large number of tablets for use by our students. We also funded the upcoming improvements to the school sound system.
- Teacher Educational Wish List- We typically fund up to $10,000 for the school to purchase wish list items for teachers. These items are educational and used by students.
- Cultural events for all students including: Houston Grand Opera, Author Visits, and more!
- Accelerated Reader programs for all participating classes.This includes our licensing fee and prizes. Please see our AR link for more information.
- Transportation for Field Trips
- Family Fun Nights, Monthly Teacher Luncheons and Treats, Holiday Breakfast
- Spirit Wear, School Store, Student Directory and Yearbooks
- STAAR Testing Snacks for Students
HOW INVOLVED DO I HAVE TO BE?
You can be as involved as you want to be! We understand that people have busy schedules and that time is precious. Therefore we appreciate any time you can spare.