What does the PTO do?
The Glen Loch Parent-Teacher
Organization is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization dedicated to supporting
Glen Loch Elementary. Membership in the PTO is free and open to all Glen Loch
teachers, administrators, parents and guardians.
We have 3 main goals:
- Host fun family events to connect our community of teachers, students and families;
- Organize fundraisers to provide critical resources for our school; and
- Plan appreciation events to show our teachers and staff how much we love them.
You can be as involved as you want to be! We understand that people have busy schedules and that time is precious. Therefore we appreciate any time you can spare. Whether you have 1 hour a week, 1 hour a month or 1 hour of year to contribute, there are many ways to volunteer at our school. Please sign up for our PTO email list or like our Facebook page to receive regular updates about volunteer opportunities.
Why does the PTO fundraise?
- Playground equipment and maintenance, including recess equipment
- New library books, desks, and chairs
- Technology - we have purchased a large number of tablets for use by our students, improvements to the school sound system, and interactive technology, called Mimio's, for the teacher's classrooms
- Plants and equipment for the Glen Loch Teaching Gardens
- Teacher Educational Wish List- We typically fund up to
$10,000 for the school to purchase wish list items for teachers which are used to enhance education in the classroom
- Cultural events for all students including special presentations, author visits, and more
- Transportation for field trips
- Family events
- Monthly Teacher Luncheons and other teacher appreciation gifts
- STAAR Testing Snacks for Students